What is a School Workshop?
Have you ever wondered what a hit song would sound like with a full orchestra behind it? Are you in a high school band and dream of playing with a professional musician?
That’s what UNCUT workshops are about – connecting high school band programs with professional musicians. We have partnered with local school music programs and local artists to create a beautiful program which includes:
- In-school interactive workshops and programs hosted by local professional musicians, introducing student musicians to their trade. In addition to immersing themselves into high school age musicians, our programs also introduce non-music students to the beauty and art of music.
- A customized, professional curated and produced music recruitment program that can be used in elementary and secondary schools to generate interest in school music and choral programs.
- Professionally engineered recording of original music, performed by the artists with student/group accompaniment.
- Live performances by students and professional musicians of the music they curate
- Professionally produced video of performance
Apply for your school!
We have completed our pilot phase and are ready to expand into local area High Schools. Is your School a good candidate for a school workshop? Contact Mike at @ firstname.lastname@example.org to find out. We will work with your band or choir director to determine if it is a good fit and line up the appropriate musicians.
Maiah Wynne @ Tualatin High School
Haley Johnsen @ Tualatin High School
One From Many @ Tualatin High School
Our school workshops only exist because of your generous donations. Please consider a small donation so we can continue providing this valuable service to more schools in the Portland area.